The Best Mac & Cheese I’ve Ever Made
The other night I made the best mac & cheese ever, and everyone loved it. That seems like no big deal, but moms you know everyone liking dinner doesn’t happen often. Most nights at least one person doesn’t like what’s for dinner. It’s so annoying too. Like hey, guys no big deal if you don’t like it. I mean I only planned it, went to WALMART!, and cooked it, no biggie. It’s fine!
This recipe will be a regular at my house for sure. I made it using all Great Value ingredients from Walmart, so I guess I’ll call it Great Value Mac and Cheese?
- 1 lb. macaroni
- 1 stick of butter you can use less if you hate awesome things
- ½ C flour
- 4 C 1% milk I’m sure you can use any milk
- About 1/3 of a 32 oz block of colby (around 10 ounces) jack/monterrey jack cheese.
- Almost 1 T. salt
- Almost 1 T. pepper
- 2 T. butter
- ½ C italian style bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 and grease a 9x13" baking dish
- Boil 1 lb pasta. While it’s boiling slice 1/3 of a block of cheese into thin slices. It doesn’t have to be super thin.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Sprinkle in 1/2 cup flour whisk and cook 3 minutes.
- Add almost 1 full TBS of salt and almost 1 full TBS pepper and mix.
- Pour in 4 cups of milk whisk until smooth and heat to a low boil until it looks like gravy.
- Once pasta is done pour it in the baking dish and place all of the cheese on top of the hot pasta and let it melt for a bit.
- Then pour the sauce over the pasta and cheese and let it sit until it melts.
- While you wait for it to melt you can melt 2 T. butter over medium heat in a small saucepan then add in bread crumbs, stirring until golden brown.
- Now you can go back and mix the pasta and once mixed sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Try it out and let me know what you think.