The Quick Yeast Roll Recipe That Saved My Life
Give me bread, or give me death! Seriously, though, I love bread so much, and will eat it in any shape or form. Sometimes I wonder if I should just eat flour straight out of the container. My only problem with making bread is that I don’t like to wait for it to rise. So, when I found this quick yeast roll recipe that called for only 15 minutes of rising time I had to try it.
QUICK YEAST ROLLS
1 dozen rolls
- 1 cup + 2T warm water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2T active dry yeast
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix water, oil, yeast, and sugar in KitchenAid and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and egg, mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add flour and mix.
- The dough will be sticky, so make sure you have flour on your hands. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces, and shape into round balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Bake 6-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter as soon as you pull them out of the oven and eat them all immediately.